- Dress Code is very strict, and you are not allowed to wear clothes that suggest drug and alcohol use, sexual content, and anything thought to be inappropriate by the staff. You may not wear tank tops, low cut clothes, tight clothes, clothes that expose parts of your body that are normally covered by undergarments or a swimsuit. If you are not dressed properly, the staff will ask you to change clothes.
- Hospital friendships are easy to form, but we do not allow you to have physical contact at any time. Sexual activity is strictly forbidden.
- Staff is not allowed to have physical contact with the patients. They may give you a pat on the back or a side hug for a great accomplishment, but the staff will not in general, have any physical contact with you. Before you hug any person, you must first ask their permission.
- The groups and activities are here to help you. If you give them a chance, they can be lots of fun! It's important to go, participate, respect the other group members, and put your best foot forward. If your behavior is a problem for the group, you will be kept on the unit with some individual assignments like journal writing, worksheets, or reading.
- Contraband is anything that the staff sees as a danger to you or others. Things like sharp objects, jewelry, pills, laces, strings, weapons, and alcohol just to name a few. It's impossible to list all contraband; therefore, with safety in mind, we'll have to look at each item individually, as they come up. If you have a question about something you have, ask the nurse. We can store your personal items and return them to you when you are ready to go home.
- Smoking is not allowed.
- Meals are served in the dining room; however, you can be restricted to the unit if your behavior is not appropriate to eat in the dining room. You will always have meals but eating in the dining room is a privilege.
- Wake up is at 6:00 A.M. and lights out is up to 9:00 PM. Please be respectful of those trying to sleep.
- YOU MAY NOT exchange belongings with another patient. An inventory of your belongings is done upon admission and again at discharge. We want you to leave with the same items you brought to Cypress Grove Behavioral Health.
- Communication by phone or in person is limited to designated individuals on your contact sheet. If you are in question about which individuals are on your sheet, please ask your nurse.
Phone Call Guidelines
7:00 to 7:55 PM
- All phone conversations incoming and outgoing must be proceeded by the patient security code.
- Five minutes per phone call, per child during the scheduled phone time.
- All calls can only be made to persons on the approved contact list.